Rules of drinkuisition
1. Drinkuisition is played with three decks of cards. They are labeled “Drinkuisition”, “Trivia” and “Common Knowledge”. Separate the three decks and shuffle them. Place the three decks, next to each other, in the middle of the play area. The “Drinkuisition” cards will dictate your actions throughout the game.
2. Among yourselves, choose a player to go first. Start the game by drawing the top card from the “Drinkuisition” deck and follow the instructions on the card. If the “Drinkuisition” card instructs the player to answer a “common knowledge” or “trivia” question, then the person to the left will draw the indicated card and ask the question. (The group will decide on how much time, is too much time, to give an answer) If the player answer the question correctly, they will keep the card. If the answer given is incorrect then that player will take a drink. The player with the most cards, at the end of the round, will win the round and earn the right to start the next round. A round is complete when all “Drinkuisition” cards have been drawn.
3. An incorrect answer opens up the opportunity for any player to “Steal”. When a player gives an incorrect answer then ANY other player can shout out the correct answer. If a player attempts to steal but gives an incorrect answer then they too must take a drink. The first player to give the correct answer will keep the card. If a question is answered incorrectly, and is not successfully stolen, then the card will move to the discard pile.
You can sip, chug or finish your drink. The amount of alcohol consumed is left up to the discretion of the players, just please drink responsibly.
OPTIONAL BONUS QUESTIONS,
FUN FACTS and RULE CARDS:
4. Each “common knowledge” and “trivia” card comes with a fun fact or optional bonus question. It is the responsibility of the player reading the question to also read the fun fact aloud OR to ask the player if they would like to answer the optional bonus question. If this is not done, then ANY PLAYER participating in the round can call them out and make them take a drink. If a question is answered incorrectly, but the bonus question is answered correctly (or vice versa), then the player owes no drinks; the answers would cancel each other out. If both questions are missed then the player owes two drinks and if both questions are answered correctly then the player is allowed to give a drink away to a player of their choosing (This is referred to as “Max’s Law of Inebriation”). The initial question must be answered correctly for the player to be able to keep the question card. When a rule card is drawn, that player is allowed to make a rule which lasts until the next rule card is drawn. ANY time an active rule is broken, the offending player must take a drink.
EXAMPLES OF RULES: No using first names when referring to players, no cursing amongst players, players must drink with their left hand only. Etc.
5. DO NOT shuffle the used question cards back into their piles until all question cards have been answered. Have fun!