Rules of drinkuisition
1. Drinkuisition is played with three decks of cards. They are labeled “Drinkuisition”, “Trivia” and “Common Knowledge”. Separate the three decks and shuffle them. Remove the blank cards and the “Rules” cards from the “Drinkuisition” pile. Place the three, individual, decks, side by side, in the middle of the play area. **NOTE** There are playable cards that say “Rule” make sure you leaves these cards in, but remove the cards with the actual rules of the game.
2. Amongst yourselves, choose a player to go first. The person to this players left would go second etc. Start the game by drawing the top card from the “Drinkuisition” deck and follow the instructions on the card. If you’re instructed to answer a common knowledge or trivia question, you will do so to the best of your ability. The person to your left should draw the top, corresponding, card and ask you the question. The group will decide on how much time, is too much time, to give an answer. If you answer correctly, you will keep the card. If you do not answer correctly then you will take a drink. An incorrect answer opens up the opportunity, for anyone at the table, to “Steal”. Again, if the player that “Steals” the question, answers incorrectly then they would take a drink. If the question is stolen and answered correctly, then that player would keep the card. The person with the most cards, at the end of the round, will win the round and has earned the right to start the next round.
3. If answered incorrectly, and no other players steal it with the correct answer, then the card will move to the discard pile. You can sip, chug or finish your drink. The amount of alcohol consumed is left up to the discretion of the players, just please drink responsibly.
OPTIONAL BONUS QUESTIONS,
FUN FACTS and RULE CARDS:
4. Each common knowledge and trivia card comes with a fun fact or optional bonus question. It is the responsibility of the player, asking the question card, to also read the fun fact aloud or to ask the player if they would like to answer the optional bonus question. If this is not done, then ANY PLEAYER participating in the round can call them out and make them take a drink. If a question is answered incorrectly, but the bonus is answered correctly (or vice versa), then the player owes no drinks; the answers would cancel each other out. If both questions are missed then the player owes two drinks and if both questions are answered correctly then the player is allowed to give a drink away to a player of their choosing (This is referred to as “Max’s Law of Inebriation”). The initial questions must be answered correctly for the player to be able to keep the question card. When a rule card is drawn, that player is allowed to make a rule which lasts until the next rule card is drawn. If another player breaks your rule, then the player must take a drink each time the rule is broken.
EXAMPLES OF RULES: No using first names when referring to players, no cursing amongst players, players must drink with their left hand only. Etc.
5. DO NOT shuffle the used question cards back into their piles until all question cards have been answered. Have fun!